Ref: 201603231139 AR
Last Edited: March 23rd, 2016
The following instructions apply if you are upgrading FROM 15.1 or 15.3 TO 16.1.
If you are upgrading from an earlier version, please contact Triaster Customer Services first. This is because each Triaster Process Library has a customised homepage design and specific alerts and approvals requirements, the configuration of the new menu editor and alerts and approvals functionality will need to be Library specific.
1. Log on to the Server as the publication user account.
2. Check whether 32 or 64 bit Visio is installed. To do this open Visio and follow the instructions below depending on which version of Visio is installed.
a. Visio 2007: Always 32-bit.
b. Visio 2010: Go to File -> Help. On the right hand side under About Microsoft Visio there will be a version number. The bitness (32-bit or 64-bit) is specified with this number
c. Visio 2013: Go to File -> Account. Click About Visio (question mark icon). The bitness (32-bit or 64-bit) is shown at the top of the About Visio box.
3. Download the new software versions of both Triaster Server and Process Navigator from the software downloads page (http://knowledgebase.triaster.co.uk/Home/software-downloads). The Process Navigator version downloaded must correspond to the bitness of Visio (see step 2).
4. Install Process Navigator by running ProcessNavigator.msi within the Process Navigator zip file. Ensure the install path displayed matches that of the current installation path.
5. Uninstall the current Triaster Server software by completing the following steps.
a. If using Windows Server 2008: Click Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features. If using Windows Server 2012: Click Desktop ->Control Panel -> Programs/Uninstall a program.
b. Select the Triaster Server software.
c. Uninstall the Triaster Server (if asked whether the Triaster Server applications can be closed, select the "Automatically close..." option and click OK).
6. Extract the zip file to a location on the server (such as the Desktop). Install the newly downloaded version by double-clicking TriasterServer.msi; Ensure the install path displayed matches that of the current installation path.
7. When prompted enter the publication user account logon and password, prefixed with the computer or domain name. For example "mycomputer\TriasterPublisher" or "somedomain\John Smith". The install should now complete successfully.