| This article is suitable for an IT Adminstrator|
Ref: 201205151531 AW
Last Edited: June 19th, 2014
Applies to: Triaster Server 13.1 onwards, Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2008 R2
We do recommend
for 16.2, that upgrades are done by Triaster in order to ensure that your
systems are fully optimised and you are making full use of all features.
If you are
already on the 16.2 upgrade waiting list, or if we know that you are awaiting a
specific defect fix being released in version 16.2, we will contact you with a
recommended upgrade plan.
If you are not on
the 16.2 upgrade waiting list, or are not sure if you are, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Emily or Jo on +44 (0)870 402 1234.
process will both agree the configuration and training needed for implementing 16.2
functionality and also review any previously released features that you aren't
currently using and agree an implementation plan for these too.
Customer Services (email@example.com) if you have any questions
or concerns about this process.
Important notification when upgrading to 15.3
An improvement has been made to the Activation tool in 15.3 that needs to be added manually, post upgrade.
- Download WebActivation.zip from the Software Downloads page
- Save and unzip the files
- Rename the existing tool
- Copy in the new files
Important notification when upgrading to 15.1
Because each Triaster Process Library has a customised homepage design and specific alerts and approvals requirements, the configuration of the new menu editor and alerts and approvals functionality will need to be Library specific. Accordingly we are recommending that upgrade to version 15.1 takes place in consultation with the Triaster Customer Success Team. You can contact us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +44 (0) 870 402 1234.
If we don't have remote access to your server we may ask you to follow the instructions below which
applies where all Triaster server roles are installed on one server (the file server can be separate) and are running version 13.1 or above. However please do not do this unless Triaster instruct you to do so.
Preparing for your upgrade
It is strongly recommended that this installation is tested on a test server prior to the upgrade of your Live Library.
If the Triaster solution is installed on a virtual server then please take a snapshot before following the instructions below. This will enable you to rollback if required.
|Prior to upgrading you will need:||
|The publication user account and password (You will need to log in as this user to complete the upgrade). || |
|The current installation path for the Triaster Server and Process Navigator.
|To ensure that your server meets the Triaster minimum system requirements, which you can find by clicking here.|| |
|To notify email@example.com of your planned upgrade date, so we can ensure we are on hand to assist if required, and advise if you require a bespoke upgrade plan.
| To take a back up of the 'TriasterServer2011' folder. ( Please note that this may take a while, depending on how many maps you have).
| Update your Mapstore folder architecture (if required)*|| |
* From 13.4 onwards we have changed our standard Mapstore folder architecture
to a new simplified structure which will be required to fully utilise the Alerts and Approvals functionality in future. We advise that you move to this new structure if possible
. For information on how to do this please click here.
If you already have this structure in place, please continue to the information below.
| For all Windows Server types: |
- Log on to the Server as the publication user account.
- Download the new software versions of both Triaster Server and Process Navigator from the software downloads page.
- Install Process Navigator by running setup.msi within the Process Navigator zip file. Ensure the install path matches that of the currently installed software.
- Turn off 'Rollbacks' - Run Process Navigator > Click Tools > Options > Go to the Rollback tab > Untick 'Enable Automated Rollback on Cancel'. Click OK and close Process Navigator.
- Press Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features (or Add/Remove Programs in Windows Server 2003).
- Select the Triaster Server software.
- Uninstall the Triaster Server (if asked whether the Triaster Server applications can be closed (Windows Server 2008), select the "Automatically close..." option and click OK).
- Extract the zip file to a location on the server (such as the Desktop). Install the newly downloaded version by double-clicking TriasterServer.msi; Ensure the install path matches that of the currently installed software (see item 3 above).
- When prompted enter the publication user account logon and password, prefixed with the computer or domain name. For example "mycomputer\TriasterPublisher" or "somedomain\John Smith". The install should now complete successfully.
- Please continue instructions below for:
- Windows Server 2003
- or Windows Server 2008, as appropriate
| If you are using Windows Server 2003:|
Please ensure that you have completed steps 1-9 in the section above ( 'For all Windows Server types') before commencing the steps below:
1. When TriasterServer is installed to somewhere other than 'C:\Triaster\', follow these steps:
1. Open IIS Manager
2. Expand 'ComputerName' > 'Web Sites' > 'Default Web Site' > 'Triaster Browser Toolkit 2011'
3. Right click 'Launchpad' > 'Properties'
4. Go to the 'ASP.NET' tab, click 'Edit Configuration'
5. Go to the 'General' tab. Under 'Application Settings', select 'ChartImageHandler' and click Edit
6. Update the path to the Launchpad tool
7. Click OK to close the dialog box
8. Right click 'KSearch' > 'Properties'
9. Go to the 'ASP.NET' tab, click 'Edit Configuration'
10. Go to the 'General' tab. Under 'Application Settings', select 'Keyoti-SearchEngine-IndexDirectory' and click Edit
11. Update the path
12. Click OK to close the dialog box
2. The steps below only apply to 14.1 and onwards
1. In IIS Manager > Expand 'ComputerName' > 'Web Sites' > 'Default Web Site'
2. Right click 'Triaster Browser Toolkit 2011', click Properties
3. Click the 'ASP.NET' tab
4. Change the ASP.NET version from 2.0.xx to 4.0.xx
5. Click OK to close the dialog box
6. Right click 'ProcessLibraries 2011', click Properties
7. Click the 'ASP.NET' tab
8. Change the ASP.NET version from 2.0.xx to 4.0.xx
9. Click OK to close the dialog box
4. Close IIS Manager.
5. The upgrade to the latest Triaster Server Software is now complete.
| If you are using Windows Server 2008:|
Please ensure that you have completed steps 1-9 in the section above ( For all Windows Server types) before commencing the steps below:
1. When Triaster Server is installed to somewhere other than 'C:\Triaster\', follow these steps:
1. Open IIS Manager
2. Expand 'ComputerName' > 'Sites' > 'Default Web Site' > 'Triaster Browser Toolkit 2011'
3. Click 'Launchpad'
4. Double click 'Application Settings' (In the ASP.NET section)
5. Select 'ChartImageHandler' and click Edit
6. Correct the path in the 'Value' field
7. Click OK to save the change
8. Click 'KSearch'
9. Double click 'Application Settings' (In the ASP.NET section)
10. Select 'Keyoti-SearchEngine-IndexDirectory' and click Edit
11. Correct the path in the 'Value' field
12. Click OK to save the change
2. The steps below only apply to 14.1 and onwards
1. In IIS Manager, Expand 'ComputerName'
2. Click 'Application Pools'
3. Select 'TriasterAppPool' and go to the Advanced Settings
4. Change .NET Framework version from v2.0 to v4.0, click OK to close the dialog box
5. If 'Triaster32bitAppPool' is present, apply the same change
3. Close IIS Manager.
4. The upgrade to the latest Triaster Server Software is now complete.
| Automated Alerts and Approvals|
From version 14.3 we have added automated functionality to Publications and Approvals.
1. How do I start using Automated Approvals?
- If you are on 12.4 or a previous version, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and Triaster will implement this as part of your upgrade.
- If you are on version 13.1 or later, you are able to upgrade yourself using the above instructions. To implement the Automated Approvals, please contact email@example.com and Triaster will provide assistance.
- Double click to open PubServerConfig.exe (\Triaster\TriasterServer2011\Services\).
- Select the 'Publication Settings Application Level (Web Server)' tab.
- Tick "Auto Publish on Map Copy" and configure the "Auto-Publish Interval (Mins)".
This is how often a check for map changes happens and invokes a publication. E.g. if you want the site publish to take place every hour then you can set the value to 60.
- Tick "Copy Maps (Sandpit to Prelive)", "Copy Maps (Prelive to Live)" and "Copy Maps (Prelive to Sandpit)".
These settings control the automatic copying of maps between the sites and the subsequent automatic publications.
|Need further help? Contact the Triaster Support team by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on + 44 (0)870 402 1234.|
Do you have any feedback or suggestions that you would like to share with Triaster? We would love to hear from you! Please e-mail email@example.com