|This article is suitable for an IT Adminstrator|
Last Edited: September 19th, 2012
Applies to: Triaster Server 11.2 and onwards.
This article is intended to describe the installation and activation of the Triaster Server 11 software.
It is assumed that:
- The server meets the minimum requirements, as described in 'What are the Minimum System Requirements?'.
- Installation and configuration information has been finalised and documented, probably on the Technical Information page of your customer website.
- The installers for Triaster Server and associated items have been obtained from Triaster (see Software Downloads).
- The customer Activation Reference number is known.
- Install with administrative rights, preferably as the Triaster services user, running 'Setup.exe'.
- On 'Triaster System Requirements Check', click 'Start Check'.
- If there are requirements that aren't met, close the dialog, and address them before restarting the installation.
- If the requirements have been met, click 'Start Install'.
- Install the Triaster Server using the 'Triaster Server Setup Wizard'.
- When prompted by the 'Set Service Login' dialog, enter the credentials of the Triaster services account (probably the account under which the installation is being performed), using the syntax '<Domain Name>\<User Name>' or <Computer Name>\<User Name>', depending on whether a domain or local user.
- Click Close.
- If installing Triaster Server 12.1, then replace the Triaster Server Configuration Utility executable with the updated version available from Triaster's Software Download page.
- Open Software Download.
- At the bottom of the page, download 'PubServerConfig.zip'.
- Save the file to a convenient location.
- Extract 'PubServerConfig.exe' from the ZIP file, and replace the installed file typically found in:
- To activate the server, run 'ServerActivation2011.exe', found in:
- In the 'Triaster Activation Status' dialog, click 'Enter New Activation Code'.
- In the 'Enter New Activation Code' dialog, click 'Launch Activation Server'.
- On the 'Triaster Server Activation Status' page, click 'Launch Activation Webpage'.
- Follow the instructions in the 'Triaster Activation Server' webpages.
- When prompted, use the Activation Reference which should be recorded on the Technical Information page of your customer website.
- Copy and paste the Activation key into the 'Enter New Activation Code' dialog, and click 'Apply'.
- Close the dialog.
- While care has been taken to make the software work from the point of install there will be features that will not function correctly until configured and a publication has been completed. Please see here for an example.
- If after the installation you receive the error, "Error 1001 No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.", please see here.
- Is there a 'TriasterServer2011' folder in your chosen installation directory?
- Start > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Expand '<Computer Name> (<User Name>)' > (Web) Sites > Default Web Site.
Note: If in Windows Server 2008, select Content View.
The following should be present under 'Default Web Site':
Triaster Browser Toolkit 2011
You should see the Triaster banner.
- Start > Administrative Tools > Services.
- The following services should be present, configured to start automatically, and started:
Triaster Alert Server 2011
Triaster Improvement Workbench Server 2011
Triaster Publication Server 2011
Triaster Task File Server 2011
Triaster Token Server 2011
If any of the above is not true, the installation of the Triaster Server has failed. Please uninstall the Triaster Server and then reinstall. Should the behaviour be repeated, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Configure the Triaster Server
To configure the Triaster server please click here:
Considerations for upgrades
Upgrading from 10.1
Please click here
to find advice on how to configure the two servers to coexist on the same server.
Upgrading from 11.*
If you are performing an upgrade from an 11.* version then the original Triaster Server configuration associated with that version should be passed into the newly installed version by following the procedure here
|Need further help? Contact the Triaster Support team by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling us on + 44 (0)870 402 1234.|
Do you have any feedback or suggestions that you would like to share with Triaster? We would love to hear from you! Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org