| This article is suitable for an IT Adminstrator|
Last Edited: September 29th 2011
Remote users, who do not have internet access, can still view the process library using the DVD publish mechanism.
The library is published on a central server as normal. The published content can be transfered to a DVD (or other storage medium) and then copied to a machine in the remote location. The library can then be viewed from this machine, or from other machines on the local network. The remote machine will need to meet the software and hardware minimum requirements for the library to function properly.
To implement the process please follow the steps given below:
This setup process will need to be done once only on the server. The resulting site can then be re-published without additional setup.
- Ensure that the Triaster product suite 9.1 or later has been installed.
- Clone the Live site to produce a site with a suitable name (the name "Remote" will be assumed for this example).
- Delete all maps from the Remote site (for example, C:\Triaster\Map Store\ProcessLibrary\Maps for Remote).
- Delete all menu pages from the Remote site (for example, C:\Triaster\Map Store\ProcessLibrary\Menu Pages\Menu Pages for Remote).
- Edit frameset.html for the Remote site (for example, C:\Program Files\Triaster\PublicationServer\Config Files\ProcessLibrary\Remote) replacing the local domain (eg /www.processmapping.co.uk/) including forward slashes with "/localhost/".
- Edit publication_tasks.xml for the Remote site (for example, C:\Program Files\Triaster\PublicationServer\Config Files\ProcessLibrary\Remote) replacing the local domain (eg /www.processmapping.co.uk/) including forward slashes with "/localhost/".
- Edit the publication_tasks.xml file for the Remote site to use the maps for the Live site (for example, 3 Master).
- Edit the publication_tasks.xml file for the Remote site to use the menu pages for the Live site (for example, Live + Prelive).
- In Browser Toolkit, open the Publication Services webpage in the Remote site and log in.
- Delete all the files from the html folder of Remote site (e.g. C:\Triaster\ProcessLibraries\ProcessLibrary\Remote\html).
- Publish Remote site.
- When the publish has completed, copy the whole cloned site (eg C:\Triaster\ProcessLibraries\ProcessLibrary\Remote) to a DVD or CD. This is now ready for shipping to the remote site.
- For subsequent publishes, only steps 11 and 12 need to be carried out.
Remote machine setup
It is assumed that the process library on the remote machine will be used to only view the published maps and no mapping or publications will be carried out on this machine.
Steps 1-3 only need to be completed once. For subsequent publishes, only step 4 needs to be carried out.
- Ensure that Triaster product suite 10.1 or later is installled on the remote machine.
- Clone the Live site to produce the "Remote" site.
- Using the Library Explorer tool in Browser Toolkit, delete all sites except Remote (eg Live, Prelive and Sandpit).
- Overwrite the Remote site folder in ProcessLibraries (e.g. C:\Triaster\ProcessLibraries\ProcessLibrary\Remote) with Remote folder on the DVD.
|Need further help? Contact the Triaster Support team by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling us on +44 (0)870 402 1234.|
Do you have any feedback or suggestions that you would like to share with Triaster? We would love to hear from you! Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org